Using shift state to toggle between two scroll counters

This is in relation to using the MC6 Pro and Mood MKII:

What I am trying to achieve with footswitch B:

1. Clock Up (non shift state): each tap increases the clock a set value increment (using cc value scroll)
2. Enter shift state: with a double tap
3. Clock down (in shift state): each tap decreases the clock a set value increment (using cc value scroll)
4. Leave shift state: when I am done with “Clock Down” I return to “Clock up” with a double tap

What’s happening:

1. Clock Up (non shift state): each tap increases the clock a set value increment
2. Enter shift state: with a double tap
3. Clock down (in shift state): each tap does not decrease by the set value. Instead it jumps back into the non-shift state (increases the clock value)

Here’s a video showing what’s going on.

Finally. I don’t know if this is possible but it would be great if it was:

1. Set another footswitch to send a clock cc value of 64 (this part I can get working).
  2. Then when that footswitch is pressed it adjusts the displays on the other footswitch to match (i.e clock up and down cc value scroll displays go to 64 as well).

1 Like

And here’s how the counters are setup.

Hi,
that’s just how shift is intended to work.
If a preset is in shift state any action will revert the preset back to normal.

However you could just use the normal toggle.
Disable ‘toggle mode’ and programm the preset with a ‘toggle preset’ message type on ‘double tap’.
Set your messages to scroll up to ‘pos 1’ and your messages to scroll down to ‘pos 2’.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I clearly did not understand the concept of shift state! But I managed to achieve the toggling with your help.

I only got the MC6 Pro on Friday so I am still getting to grips with all the concepts. I still don’t quite understand how I would use shift state outside of the HX Stomp video demo. So I’ll do some reading and try and find other videos.

Edit: This is the full solution in case anyone needs it. The footswitch is set to toggle between increasing and decreasing the clock (double tap to switch direction). Then to reset the clock you long press.

1 Like