Preface: The MC8 for Omniports 1+2 has completly seperate presets available (Q, R, S and T, U, V). These are basically fully operational presets, only without possibility to show something onto the display.
My aim here is to achieve something similar for the MC6.
- to have the aux switch react depending on the currently active bank and toggle position and without
- to loose mostly any of the functionality of the presets A to L (which I wish to remain flexible in usage).
Assumtion: Global presets for aux switches are realised with a further update? (Please…)
- Using actions that are usually not used (like “Long Double Tap Release”), the commands to be used by the aux switch are then put into any of the presets A to L of the MC6 (lets say “L”, per each bank).
- If the engage preset function had the selection “Current Bank/Toggle Position” available (for field “Bank Number”), one could then utilize this command within the global aux switch preset.
- It could be done like such, that using global aux switch presets the “Long Double Tap Release” action of preset “L” of the active bank preset is started with a single aux switch press.
This had the following advantages:
- Accros all presets A to L the “standard” actions (“Press”, “Long Press”) would remain to be used fully flexible.
- The more “unusual” actions could be utilized to be easyly operated with “standard” actions via the aux switch.
- Aux switch presses could be bank/toggle position dependent (instead of only addressing one static command).
I would greatly appriciate this functionality!
Anyone who would also like this fuctionality, please state your symphaty for this suggestion in the forum. Other recommendation of doing things differently are also highly appriciated.
I tried to make it not to complicated this time around. Also, I tried not to invent “new stuff”, but mostly to stick with what is already there…
Do you think the abvove could be accomplished? Looking forward to hear you response…
The topic “parent bank” becomes irrelevant if the above would be working. Hence I marked this topic to be [CLOSED].[Feature Request] definition “parent bank” and function “jump to parent bank”
Since I’ve read now several topics to the goal “global presets for aux switches” - and it is reapeated within this topic - I also marked this topic to be [CLOSED].
[Feature Request] “Fixed Switch Custom” => select certain bank