Problems Creating a Global Master Reset Preset

I’m having some trouble with my MC6 at the moment. Here’s a description I’m trying to accomplish:

• I have a bank that sets various pedals combinations that I use regularly (Clean, Crunch, Lead, Solo, Ambient, etc)

• With each preset the first message I send out is “Engage Preset” that activates a preset I have in another bank that basically sets everything in my rig to a starting point (All loops off in ML5, Basic reverb setting, etc). I call this my master reset preset.

• After the master reset message is sent, I the turn on what I need for each preset (Clean, Crunch, Lead, Solo, etc)

And for the most part this MOSTLY works, but here’s what happens.

• We’ll take my BigSky for example. If I’m on a preset for a Long Reverb (BigSky Preset 3) and I engage the “Clean” preset on the MC6 which triggers my master reset preset, sending a PC message to the BigSky for a Short Reverb (BigSky to Preset 1), the BigSky doesn’t change.

• It does change after a second preset on the Clean preset of the MC6.

• I’ve had this happen with both my BigSky and Chase Bliss Condor so far.

• I was able to fix the issue I was having with the Condor by moving the PC message out of my master reset preset in the other bank, and adding it directly to Clean preset, but this clearly isn’t ideal and prevents me from having a master reset preset that works across the board.

So my questions are:

• Am I going about this the right way?

• Is there a better way of implementing some type of master reset preset that I don’t have to copy all over the place, and can be instead defined in a single location.

I’m using the latest firmware too BTW.

Sorry if this is confusing, but I appreciate the help!

Hi. The BigSky should respond immediately and consistently to your Clean preset message. You said it changes after a “second preset” on the Clean preset. I assume you meant to say “second press”?

Do you have toggle mode on for your switch? That could be cause the problem if it’s sending no messages on the first press.

1 Like