ML5 PC toggle functionality question

Hello ! I’m new here :smile: !
I need some insight about the PC toggle feature of the ML5. I have a nice Mesa Abacus midi footcontroller that only sends PC. I’m planning to control one or several ML5 with it. Let’s say the PC Toggle feature is on and I’m sending PC #1 which activates loop A. Now loop A is activated. I understand that if I’m sending PC #1 again, loop A will be deactivated. But what happens instead if I’m sending PC #2 which also activates loop A (and potentially other loops too) ? Will loop A be de-activated or will loop A stay activated because it’s a different PC # ? The latter would make more sense to me but I need to be sure as it is not clear in the manual. Thanks in advance for your help.

Noone ? I can’t be the only one wanting to use this functionality…

When you send PC#2, the saved loops for PC#2 will be recalled, so if Loop A is programmed to engage with PC#2, then it will continue to stay engaged when PC#2 is received.

For example, if PC Toggle function is turned on, PC#1 recalls A, C and E, and PC#2 recalls A and C. If you send PC#1, A, C and E will engage. If you send PC#2 after, only A and C will be engaged. Sending PC#2 again will bypass everything.

But if all the loops are the same for PC#1 and PC#2, then sending PC#1 will engage the loops, and then sending PC#2 will disengage them.

For example, if PC Toggle function is turned on, PC#1 recalls A, C and E, and PC#2 recalls A, C and E as well. If you send PC#1, A, C and E will engage. If you send PC#2 after, all the loops will bypass, because PC#1 and PC#2 recalls the same loops.

Thanks for your reply. I think I get it. If loops are totally identical for two different PC# then it will flip flop. If loops are different, they will just engage normally.

The ML5 has a learn mode for the user to select all the loops status on receipt of a message. With this functionality, you can choose Loop A on, B to E off when receiving PC#1. Loops A, C and D off and loops B and E on when receiving PC#2. etc.