MC8 Midi Thru Channel Filter

I am connecting an Octatrack in and out to the MC8 via 5 pin DIN. I would like to filter specific channels that are looping back into the Octatrack. Is this possible with Midi Thru on (which I need to pass midi cc via TRS ports to Ottobit and SP404)? If not, will this be available later? A la MC6 Pro?

I have edited the midi channel settings, but I’m under the belief this only affects messages generated from MC8, and not thru messages inputted from the Octatrack?

Thanks in advance.

Hi. If I understand you correctly, your Octatrack is responding to some messages that get looped back to it and you do not want that. It seems like you can just set the Octatrack to a MIDI Receive channel that is not used by the messages that are getting looped back. Would that work?

1 Like

Thanks for the response. I wasnt able to figure out how to change the send and receive midi channels separately on the Octatrack. I was able to find a workaround after messing with it just now. Setting the audio tracks midi channel to the same as the midi track midi channel.

Because they are assigned to the same midi channel, per the manual: If an audio track and a MIDI track share the same MIDI channel, the MIDI track will block the audio track from sending out data while the audio track will block the MIDI track from receiving data.

This fixed my issue. Would be cool to have a filter though on the software end if possible.

Thanks again for the help,
Douglas