MC8 - Disable Bank Up/Down

Does anyone know if there is a way to disable the Bank Up / Down feature - I have all I need setup in one bank, and I don’t want to accidentally step on the bank up/ down buttons when playing live, and leave the bank I’m on. Many thanks in advance.

Blimey! A whole MC8 using only one bank!

Anyway: controller settings menu…

Lock dual switch presses - DualLock

When the dual lock setting is turned on, dual switch press functions like Bank Down, Bank Up and Toggle Page will be disabled.

1 Like

Thank you so much, I couldn’t find the answer in the manual - probably looking in the wrong section! I’m a guitarist and use the Fractal Fm3 which has 8 scenes per preset, so whilst I understand I’m only ulilizing a fraction of what the MC8 can do, it does exactly what I need it to do simply. A couple of times at rehearsals I’ve accidentally banked up and it’s something I don’t want or need it to do in a live situation. Once again - many thanks. Colin

2 Likes

No worries! Worth noting that, if you do need more banks in future, you can leave the dual press function off and instead program one of the switches with a bank jump function on top of your usual actions. Something like Long Press Release or whatever.

1 Like

Many thanks - I can see that I may use that function in the future - great advice.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Sorry to dig up this topic, I think I’ve missed something :
Like Sunburst57 I’d like to lock on a bank for safety (I use one bank for one band, so I don’t change bank in a show), but when I choose DualLock the device reboot and load Bank #1, so I’m stuck in Bank #1.
Is it possible to be locked in Bank #3 (for example) ?

In global settings you can choose Load last used bank on power up : Enabling this option will allow the controller to load your last used bank when it is powered up. If it’s off, bank 1 loads at power up.

That might help. Else, add a bank jump to a preset in each bank. I do this on every F and L preset on my MC6 (see messages 4 & 5):

In place of bank jump, you could use bank change mode which lets you scroll all banks. I have an external switch attached to my MC6 which gives me bank change mode as well

1 Like

Thanks for the good ideas !!!