MC6MKII with ML10X--frustration building

Hi, I’m a long time owner of the MC6 MKII and still struggle with it from time to time, but I’m having a basic problem using it with the new ML10X. I just can’t figure it out.

All I want to do is create and loop that has all of my pedals and allows me to toggle them on and off individually using the MC6 MKII…just like in the demo video at 2:00. Can someone tell me the step-by-step on how to do this?

Here’s what I want to do:

1. Connect 10 analog and midi pedals to ML10X with Morningstar supplied cables and create different loops (within the four different banks) with different pedals in different orders.
  2. In the MC6 MKII editor, I want to take the loop(s) (where are they?..I only see the presets?) that I created in the ML10X editor and have the ability to toggle the individual pedals on/off.

I think I’m confused by the use of the word “presets” and “banks” used in both devices.

How do I see loops that I create in the ML10X editor when I use the MX6 MKII editor? I see the presets there, but not the banks from the ML10X. I can’t seem to find the answers in the documentation.

Thanks!
Ken

OK, I’ve made progress.

• If I select all of the fx in the loop as inactive in the ML10X editor
    -Then I select the bank and preset within the MC6 editor
  • Then I add a message to toggle one particular fx

…then all is good with one caveat: when I try to select another effect, it turns the prior effect off? That seems really odd.

Can you share a screenshot of the editor showing your preset settings, or sharing the bank data dump file? I’ll take a look and see what’s going on.

If you are using the ML10X message type, this will toggle the selected loops on and off:

The above setting will toggle Loop A on and off each time the preset is engaged.

The same thing can be done with a CC message:

CC#20 toggles Loop A on and off.

Or CC#10 which lets you select Loop A on/off status. Value 0 turns it off, and Value 127 turns it on:

With both the MC6 and ML10X connected via separate cables to the computer/mac, two editors can be opened on separate tabs/screens. This means presets can be seen for each device.

1 Like

Thank you! This is becoming clearer. Maybe I’ll just use the CCs instead of “Ignore MIDI”. Here are couple shots that again work to turn enable the loop, but won’t allow for simultaneous loops.

Here’s how I have this Bank in the MC6MKII set up:

In your first screenshot, you have a Preset Select + Toggle Selected Loop message. When the Preset Select message gets sent, it will reload the preset on the ML10X, including which loops are engaged or bypassed. Then when your Toggle Selected Loops message gets sent, it will toggle on/off the loop.

I think this is where the confusion is. You should exclude that Preset Select message (or perhaps change it to a long press or double tap action so it does not engage when you want to toggle the selected loops.

If you just want to have a bank to toggle loops on and off like in your initial description, the presets on the MC6 will look something like this:

1. Preset A

2. Preset B

Hope that makes sense?

But if you want to be able to select presets as well, you should not send the Select Preset message together with the Toggle Selected Loops message. Instead, you might want to consider decoupling it like this:

1 Like

Thanks, this is really helpful!