MC6 MK II + Strymon Iridium ..... (2) very quick questions please ..... (?)

Hi all !

My MC 6 MK II is running FW 3.10.2 … I have a Strymon Iridium arriving in 2 days and have 2 very quick questions:-

1 => on the MC6 MK II Unit itself how do I do a full Factory Re-Set ?

2 => when setting up Exp 1 and Exp 2 as Omniports for TRS Midi use with the Iridium, do I set them to MIDI STD -or- MIDI TIP -or- MIDI RNG -or- MIDI-B to do my PC Changes in the Iridium (?)

Many thanks in advance,
Ben

Can help with 1: MC6 MKII User Manual (Firmware v3.10)

Many thanks re :- Qtn 1 :slight_smile:

Question 2 Remains

=> when setting up Exp 1 and Exp 2 as Omniports for TRS Midi use with the Iridium, do I set them to MIDI STD -or- MIDI TIP -or- MIDI RNG -or- MIDI-B to do my PC Changes in the Iridium (?)

Thanks Ben

I think " GuitarWolf" above may have posted this and then deleted it (?) …

Strymon TRS Midi Data Details

It reads " … On our pedals equipped with a 1/4″ TRS MIDI connection (Riverside and Sunset), the MIDI data is received by the pedals from the TIP of this connection. When MIDI OUT or THROUGH is enabled on these pedals, the MIDI data is sent out of the pedal from the RING of the TRS connection … "

So am I right in assuming the answer to my question is to set the TRS Omniport to MIDI TIP to properly work with the Iridium (?)

Ben

Sounds like it… try it, and if it doesn’t work try the other settings until it does I guess!

I deleted my post, because I’m not sure. Apparently Strymon has a bi- directional midi configuration. That’s not what one would normally expect. Disableing MIDI OUT and setting the omniport to tip might work, but I’m sure there are users here who could give you the answer. I’d suggest to post your question on the facebook user group as well.

yes, MIDI OUT - Standard will work with the Iridium. Though there might be a ground loop (because their MIDI IN port isn’t isolated) which is why they sell those 5 Pin To TRS cables with built in isolators. But if you’re not experiencing any issues then no need to get it.

Many thanks to all for your help :slight_smile:

Hi James.

Just to clarify … you meant MIDI TIP -or- MIDI STD will work fine (?)

Also, if I’m going TRS to TRS with my MC6 MKII and there is a ground loop or hum between it and the Iridium … cant I just cut the Ground Connector off inside one of the TRS Jacks to get rid of the loop / hum (?)

Thanks again,
Ben

It’ll need to be MIDI OUT - Standard.

Cutting the ground in your TRS jack is worth a try if you’re facing some ground loop noise, but I can’t confirm if it will work 100% of the time.

Many thanks for your clarification :slight_smile:

Ben