MC6 MK 2 and Boss Core ..... Bank Up and Bank Down Needs a "Double Press" to Start Working?

Hi all / Morningstar !

Am running FW 3.12.6 … same issue with previous FW’s … posted for this a while ago but still cant fix it :frowning:

%100 Good Part 1 = my MC6 MK 2 FSW buttons A, B, D and E are all working and triggering and following commands perfectly

% 99.5 Good Part 2 = my MC6 MK 2 FSW buttons F [Up FSW] and C [Down FSW] are %99.5 working as I want - except for one issue

The issue is best described with the following example:-

(a) when I first turn on my MC6 …… if I hit the Up [F] FSW, it will respond correctly with just one press …. and it will keep responding correctly with just one press as long as I just keep using that one Up Button

(b) if I then want to use the Down [C] FSW … I have to press it twice to get it to move the first time -and after that initial double-press …… then I can can keep pressing it once to keep going in that one direction

(c) if I then however want to go back and press the Up [F] FSW …… see (b) above … double-press followed by single presses

(d) and so an and so on etc……

Its got me beat.

If possible, can someone please have a look at my 2 x attached .json files and advise if there is something I have “got wrong” that is causing this issue (?)

→ MY BANK.json
→ MY SETTINGS.json

Many thanks in advance.
Ben

MY BANK.json (19 KB)
MY SETTINGS.json (10.3 KB)

Hi,

I use a MC8 with a Boss GT1000Core. I designed an interface to scroll up and down patches using a Counter. If I hold down the corresponding footswitch, it scrolls through multiple patches.

Morningstar has a video on this Counter function.

Good luck!

Thanks. Had a look. Nothing immediately obvious that fixed my issue :frowning:

Can you please post a screen shot of just say your " Up " Patches settings ?

Mine looks like this:-

Thanks,
Ben

Turn off Toggle mode.

Sorry … " Turn Off Toggle " mode did not fix it :frowning:

Hi, I think message 2 is redundant. Try without it

Hi. I removed Message 2 and just have it as follows:-

It now all works with just One Up Press or One Down … however … without any additional message it only moves up or down by a Single Pre-set at a time … what I want and had -and want to fix is adding another message for the Up and Down to work with one single press -but- move up or down by 2 pre-sets ie: from 1 to 3 to 5 or 5 to 3 to 1 etc… without having to use or need any double-presses.

Any thoughts / suggestion on what to add (?) to get it to work this way with just single presses (?)

Many thanks,
Ben

- SOLVED –

It may not be the “prettiest” MC6 MK2 Programming solution, but the following 3 images and the settings therein allow me to fix all my “issues” from my OP:-

=> Go UP or DOWN by 2 x Pre-sets at a time with only ever just One FSW Press
=> No Double Pressing needed at any time or any stage
=> These settings work perfectly when either or both the GT Core or MC6 MK 2 is turned off or on, or either unit is disconnected and reconnected
=> In my case I am going Up and/or Down over 8 Pre-sets with only 4 Single Presses … but you can add / change as needed for whatever range you need

Thanks to all for the help and suggestions ! :slight_smile:

UP Setting

Down Setting

Scroll Range
SCROLL