MC6 + HX Stomp - block-switching

Hi there,

I recently purchased the MC6 to control the HX Stomp and I’m very happy with it. Nevertheless, i have a small problem that i cannot solve.
It’s about switching different blocks on and off. I have programmed the individual switches exactly as described in the first part of your video: Line 6 HX Stomp with Morningstar MC6 MkII Midi Controller - YouTube
This really works wonderfully with the snapchots on the HX Stomp.

But the problem is that when I start the MC6 or change a bank, all six blocks on the MC 6 are OFF, even though some corresponding blocks on the stomp are turned ON in the snapchots.
Is there any way to synchronize the blocks of the Stomp and the MC6?
I think I need to connect the MIDI output of the HX Stomp with the MIDI input of the MC6 (currently I work only in one direction: MC6 MIDI-OUT -> STOMP MIDI-IN).
Do I have to change any other settings in addition, or is this function ( synchronization of the blocks of HX Stomp with the MC6) simply not possible?
Any tips?

Cheers

Hi Fabi81,

You’ll need to have connected MIDI output of the HX Stomp with the MIDI input of the MC6. Morningstar has a useful video on this it should work, although I’m having trouble getting it to work.

The HX Stomp does not sent block states on preset change unfortunately, so the only way to sync up blocks between Stomp and MC6 is to have your HX preset start with all those blocks off and then manually turn them on from the MC6.

The alternative which is complicated but possible, is to save which state you want each switch to be in on your MC6 and correspond that with the Stomp. There’s a way to have the MC6 “remember toggle state” but I don’t remember how to do it. In theory you could set up the MC6 to remember which ones to keep on and off as default, and get that aligned with the Stomp, but again, that’s not reading info from the Stomp, you’re just saving that as the default to line up. Make sense?

Trying to do something similar and can set up a “Clean” Preset on the MC8 thhat then can call other overdrive and modulation and reverb presets on the MC8 which in turn turn on pedals / presets on my board. If you have the remember toggle state set on they duly flash correctly. However, if you already have a preset enabled and then hit “Clean” it does not reset that preset and it will be out of sync with the base pedal’s state. If there were a global reset toggles rather than just bank by bank when you are in the bank you could reset and start again . . . I haven’t found that yet?

I think I have similar problem. I assign all three switches on HX Stomp to turn the blocks on/off in the HX Stomp preset. And when I switch snapshots with the MC6, the snapshots are turning on as they are assigned, but the blocks remain as I left them when I turned on/off the blocks with the HX Stomp’s switches. Is it possible to completely reload the snapshots while switching them, so it would not remember what blocks I turned on/off with the HX Stomp’s switches?

EDIT: I found the solution in HX Stomp’s manual. Just set the ‘Snapshot edits’ menu in global settings to ‘Discard’ and it won’t remember what block in the preset you have switched previously :slight_smile: