Mc6 / 8 Power Requirements - Barrel plug type/size

Hello

I am wanting to use a morningstar mc6 or mc8 with line 6 hx stomp using external daisy chained power source.

My question is what size is the barrel plug for the power socket?

The Stomp has a 2.5mm x 5.5mm barrel plug with output polarity - Tip Negative.

Is the mc6 / 8 also tip negative and what size barrel plug does it use? Would it be fairly easy to use in a power daisy chain with the hx stomp.

Many thanks

I’m not sure on the tip size on the MC6/MC8, but they are tip negative and the standard size as the majority of my pedals.
The HX Stomp is different though, for it’s requirements I had to purchase this Current Doubler Adapter to power it off my power supply.
Voodoo Lab Current Doubler Adapter - 4" Str-Str Y Doubler | Sweetwater
and this cable to convert the 2.1mm on the adapter to 2.5mm for the HX Stomp. Amazon.com: CY 60cm DC Power 5.5 x 2.1mm / 2.5mm Male to 5.5 2.1/2.5mm Male Plug Cable Right Angled 90 Degree: Industrial & Scientific

Thanks.
So maybe the morningstar MC’s use centre negative 5.5 x 2.1mm?

Yes I have adaptors for hx stomp, one to change to centre negative and one to change the size.

Also I purchased a rip cord for my boss rc-300, it also works with hx stomp with the 2.1mm to 2.5mm adaptor fitted.

I checked on what cables came with my Strymon Zuma power supply and they are 5.5mm x 2.1mm barrel connectors, center negative. So that is what works with the MC8/MC6.

1 Like

Thank you for that Jerry, much appreciated

1 Like