List of all LCD supported display variables?

Hi -
Is there a list somewhere of all the supported variables than can be used to display something like BPM, etc on the LCD. I know a few things that can be supported (like the BPM), but would like to understand everything that is supported.

This would also save people from requesting the display of already supported variables that they don’t happen to see in the manual.

I’m hoping this already exists, from a 3rd party if not here.

M

I think it’s somewhere in one of the manuals. Anyway, yes you’re right - I’ll create a separate documentation for it in the How-To section.

I’ll just add some info here first:

%E0 … %EF

%E displays the current counter value in the preset short name.

• %E0 displays the value of counter 0
  • %E1 displays the value of counter 1
  • %E9 displays the value of counter 9
  • %EA displays the value of counter A (or 10. We use hexadecimal here).
  • %EB displays the value of counter B
  • %EC displays the value of counter C
  • %ED displays the value of counter D
  • %EE displays the value of counter E
  • %EF displays the value of counter F

%F0 … %FF

%F is similar to above, but the value is offset by 1. So a value of 0 will display as 1, 1 as 2 … 127 as 128.

%BP

Displays the current MIDI clock BPM

From v3.9.6 onwards

\u \d \l \r

Displays the up, down, left and right symbols respectively.

2 Likes

Thank you!

I have one pedal with presets but no display (c4 synth). The first thing I was looking to do is display the current program number.

Sounds like I can do that with the counter, by ensuring I set a counter to the same as the current program change and then displaying the counter.

Thanks!

Michael

@mtumi - I’ve set up a browse presets bank for my C4, have a look at [Uses & Ideas] Value Scroll Counters - #2 by moley6knipe

1 Like

@moley6knipe checking it out now - looks great. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like