How can I use an expression pedal to do this?

One of my uses of the MC6 is to control the Navichord chord sequencer app on my iPad. The app allows me to trigger the first chord in a sequence with a CC number of my choosing (e.g., CC 1) and to move to the next chord in the sequence with a different CC number (e.g. CC 2). However, each of these functions requires two CC values, one to engage the chord (e.g., 127) and another to release it (e.g., 0). Otherwise, the chords play indefinitely. It’s akin to “note on” and “note off.” I’ve created a switch preset to trigger and release the sequences first chord when first engaged, and then to trigger and release the next chord in the sequence on each subsequent engagement of the switch. Here is a screenshot of the preset:

The above preset works beautifully. However, it forces me to either have to stay balanced on one foot while the other is kept in the air waiting to press the switch, or to have to keep my weight down on one of the MC6 switches when holding a chord down.

Could I use an expression pedal to do what the above preset is doing rather than having to rely on a switch? For instance, could I set up the expression pedal in such a way that on first engage the toe-down and heel-down CC messages respectively emulate the press and release messages of the first preset, and then subsequent toe-down and heel-down CC messages emulate the press and release messages of the second preset?

Hi,
not exactly what you asked for but I’d suggest a different approach.
I’d use the message scroll feature. Program your preset with a sequence of ‘engage preset’ commands that point to presets programmed somewhere else.

For example
Bank1 Preset1, ‘Message Scroll On’

Msg1 ‘engage preset’ ‘Bank2-Preset1’
Msg2 ‘engage preset’ ‘Bank2-Preset2’

Bank2 Preset1
Msg1 CC#1, CC Value 127

Bank2 Preset2
Msg1 CC#1, CC Value 0
Msg2 (add a delay if needed, some
devices have trouble to process
messages in quick succession)
Msg3 CC#2, CC Value 127