Hedra MIDI Notes with MC8 - not working

Hi,

I have a Meris Hedra connected to the MC8 on EXP Port 2 via TRS cable in tip active setting. It receives cc messages and MIDI clock fine on the correct channel. However I have created a preset to send a midi note on (and off when released - I have also tried this without the off). It doesn’t have any effect. I have the most recent MC8 firmware. A related but possibly also different problem is that I can’t thruput MIDI note on/off messages via USB from my computer to the Hedra via port 2. I am triggering the notes from a 12 Step. This is being received fine at the computer.

Any advice? I have also tried connecting the 12 step to the MC8 via MIDI (no computer) it is receiving the MIDI in MIDI monitor but this is not triggering the Hedra.

Thanks,

Danny

By the way - the ideal situation is that I can do this via USB thruput (12 step to laptop, laptop to MC8, MC8 EXP2 out to Hedra) with or without MAX running on my laptop. USB thruput is currently working with a MAX patch going out to the MC8 to control a Whammy pedal.

Did you turn on Cross MIDI Thru in the Controller Settings? This will enable incoming MIDI messages from USB to pass thru to the DIN5 and TRS ports

Hi,

Yes I have cross MIDI thru activated. USB thru works for the Whammy, but not the Hedra. Also the Hedra won’t respond to note message sent directly from the MC8.

Cheers,

Danny

The hedra responds to other midi messages via the USB (cc to turn bypass on/off for example)