GT-1000 Core - controlling CTL 1/2 with MC6-PRO

Hi all,

Just wanted to share this:

I’ve been looking for ways to control the GT-1000 Core looper with the MC6 Pro. Unfortunately, Boss does not allow MIDI Control of the looper.

You can set you CTL (1,2,3,4) and arrow switches to control the looper. However, I still wanted to give it a go.

After watching this video, I did some testing and was able to get the MC6 Pro to trigger CTL 1 and 2. I am assuming the same can be done with 3 and 4.

Here’s the settings I used:

1. Set OMNIPORT 3 to Ext Omniport Relay Interface:

1. Configured the GT-1000 Core so that CTL 2 is Looper Rec/Play/Dub and CTL 3 is Looper Stop

Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 10.22.47 AM

1. Created presets on the MC6 Pro that map to the CTL functions. Here’s REC/PLAY/DUB

By connecting a TRS cable from Omniport 3 to the CTL 2/3 input on the GT-1000 Core, I now am able to control CTL2 function with the Tip and CTL3 with the Ring

Assuming I could do the same with CTL 3/4.

Also tested it with other functions such as the Reverb block and Master Delay for toggling on and off. Works fine for those too.

Not sure if there are potential issues with this set up, but it was a little more direct than the cool solution in the video above.

Cheers.

1 Like

This is a game changer for controlling Boss devices! This should work for any Boss device with assignable hardware CTL functions, like the RC-5. It means we can use the MC6 Pro to control assigns that are only mappable to hardware CTL functions, which often provide more functionality than what is available through MIDI.

EDIT: I just confirmed that this can be used with the RC-5. You can use the MC6 Pro to start/stop recording.

1 Like

Tested this same set up with the remote switch on a Nobels ODR1. Works for turning it on/off too!