FM3 with MC3 - Dual Function Switch - Effect/Tuner

Hello
I am brand new to the midi world, and relatively new to the modeling world. Such a learning curve.
I recently got an FM3 and MC3 and am enjoying the flexibility.
I managed to program the MC3 to turn my effects on and off, but I would like to take advantage of the ability to long press (or whatever would be appropriate) a footswitch to add functionality.
Is it possible to set a switch to turn an effect on and off, and then long press to turn tuner on and off - or is there another way to do so? If so - can you type it out for me?
Also - is there a way to program one switch to turn an effect on and off - then program the same switch to go into tap tempo mode and tap out the tempo - then go back into the mode to turn an effect on and off (I doubt it, but if it is possible would you type that out too?).
Thank you in advance!

Is it possible to set a switch to turn an effect on and off, and then long press to turn tuner on and off - or is there another way to do so? If so - can you type it out for me?

Yes you can. You will need to use toggle mode for this. If you don’t know what that is yet, watch this video.

But use a Release action instead of the Press action shown in the video. This is so you can use the Long Press action to activate your tuner. A Long Press action also registers as a Press action. Therefore, use Release instead of Press.

Also - is there a way to program one switch to turn an effect on and off - then program the same switch to go into tap tempo mode and tap out the tempo - then go back into the mode to turn an effect on and off (I doubt it, but if it is possible would you type that out too?).

Yes, you can do what you mentioned regarding the tap tempo mode. So instead of activating your tuner, use the the Long Press action to enter the Tap Tempo menu instead. We explain it in this video.

I hope that helps!

1 Like