[Feature Request] Some Expression Message Ideas

Good afternoon! I have some ideas for expression messages that I don’t believe are possible yet (please correct me if I’m wrong), but would be very useful.

1. Select Last Exp Message - It would be nice to return to your last used Expression Message.

2. Toe/Heel Down Select Exp Message - Get out of a certain expression message with a toe/heel tap. Extra bonus for…

3. Toe/Heel Down Engage Preset - This would be the ultimate, as you could achieve #2 and so, so much more.

Anyone else think these would be useful? #3 could be a monster!

Thanks for the suggestion.

1. How does that work? As in, what is the intention of getting the last used exp message? Oh, do you mean it like an additional setting in “Select Exp Message”?

2. That’s possible

3. That’s also possible, I think. I need to test it first.

Probably in v3.10, but not sure when we can start work on it yet. Hoping to get the MLx and Pro out this year. :skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like
  1. Exactly, in the Select Exp Message. Sometimes you dip into an obscure exp message momentarily, and it would be nice to go back to whichever standard exp message you were occupying before (for me, whichever one controls the last MIDI controllable pedal I activated). Not a huge priority, but would be convenient.

2. Sweet

3. This is the most useful, I think. With Engage Preset, you can basically do whatever you want.