[Feature request]Names for CC counters

It would be so nice to be able to set a name for each CC counter in the Controller settings.
I am sure somebody already asked for this ?

I use sticky notes to keep track of my Counters and Toggle Groups, but it’s not a bad idea to be able to label them in the Editor.

Yes sticky notes are not so well adapted, I started using them but stopped. So many chrome notes extentions and so many not very good…
The real benefit in Scroll Counter names will be to select in list of names when inserting your CC or PC. When I come back to my MC8s settings editing, one months after last session (yes sometime I use it to play :wink: ) , actually I need a map drawn on paper to remember which counter to use.
And concerning Scroll Counters, I regret that actual beta version has not implemented all which has been discussed concerning a normalization of the API with counter only actions as increment/decrement, edit value and usage for other features then simply PC and CC (for exemple jump to bank from counter value), etc.
And please more Scroll slots than the limited 16 ones…

we can explore using the editor profile function to save these notes. the labels will not be saved in the controller itself, but in the editor where you can save it into a file and load different “editor profiles”.

Regarding the counter actions, won’t these functions in the CC Value Scroll or PC number scroll allow you to manipulate the scroll counter values? You can change the values in specific scroll counters, increase/decrease it in steps, reset it to default etc

Yes it is Ok but I frequently found myself using the PC version for a CC counter and vice-versa and as an old and retired object oriented dev, I find strange to have 2 separate functions acting on the same object and doing the same thing, reason why I spoke of ‘normilizing’ (is it english?).
But no puzzling here, I am satisfied with all the features in my MC8s :wink:

Ok we have added this function to manage scroll counter values, since we wanted to have this for Bank Presets as well.

Nice but just 2 remarks :

1. It would have been nice to have the default value respecting the previous behaviour, I have dozen of these scrolls…
  2. may be adding this to the Counter settings could be better, so no need to change all the presets where the scroll action is used ?