External 3 button switch

Continuing the discussion from Blinking preset name:

HELLO, THANKS FOR ALL THE TECH INFO, IT HELPED IMMENSELY!
I HAVE ONE MORE ISSUE, WHICH IS I HAVE A THREE BUTTON FOOT SWITCH PLUGGED INTO THE EXP 1 JACK OF MY MC3 WHICH I USE FOR THE PRESET PAGE FUNCTION WHICH NO LONGER WORKS, DID I SOMEHOW CHANGE THE SETTINGS FOR THAT FUNCTION?

Did you update the firmware?

What setting is your Exp1 jack set to?

Hello James,
The setting for my three button switch is set to Aux switch. The 3 buttons on the switcher are laid out just like the MC3, A, B, C. The A & C buttons change the bank up & bank down, and the B button was the page button. The bank up, down work, but somehow the page stopped working. The MC3 firmware is currently at 3.8.1

hello James,
the FS3 three button switch is laid out like the MC3 footswitch buttons.
I will use the A, B, C lay out diagram for illustration purposes.
the external ft sw uses a TRS operation. the layout goes as, C=1, A=2, B=3
(1) tip. (2) ring (3) tip plus ring is the schematic according to the switch.
the #2 and #1 function as the bank up and bank down, and the #3 functions as the page button. every button works except the page button, which did work previously. I will try to send the illustrated schematic to you.

hello,
it seems when I have the MC3 connected to my computer via USB, the 3 button foot switch page switch does not work. when the USB is disconnected the page function works.

Yes that is expected. When the controller is in editor mode, functions like page toggle will not work. This can be resolved by exiting editor mode on the device.

FYI, James, Page Toggle works for me using a Digitech switch-3 pedal, whether the Editor is connected (active) with my MC-6 or disconnected. I have installed the latest 3.8.3 firmware and I’m using the latest Editor.
I’m using the other two buttons for Bank Up and Bank Down, also working in both situations.
Cheers!