Expression pedals compatible with Morningstar?

Hi there. I have recently acquired a Line 6 EX-1 expression pedal and it does not seem to work. I am not that familiar with expression pedals so I would be appreciate for the advices about compatible expression pedals. Will Roland EV-5 work?

I think if there will be a list of pedals tested and approved by forum members will help all future Morningstar owners who are not an experienced expression pedal users like me.

UPD.

Ok, so what we know for real, is these pedals WORK with Morningstar:

Mission Engineering SP-25M-PRO Aero
Dunlop DVP4 Volume (X) Mini Pedal

These pedals DON’T WORK:

Line 6 EX-1

This is what I am using with my MC8…

I run one of the expression outputs to my MC8 and the 2nd one directly to a Strymon Mobius (turn on/off expression control per preset).
There is an output for the toe switch which I run to my MC8 on another omniport. (Turn on/off wah on H9 or HX Stomp)

Thank you for the input! I very much hope this is not the only compatible expression pedal though :slight_smile:

Definitely not the only one. We’re using the Dunlop DVP4 Volume (X) Mini Pedal.

Most of these expression pedals are wired the same if it is using a TRS cable (Ring goes to one end of the potentiometer, ground goes to the other end, and the Tip is wired to the Wiper). It’ll work best with a 10k Potentiometer.

Do note that there are some expression pedals out there that uses a TS cable (to work with the Line6 products).

Ok I added 3 pedals to the list in OP already :slight_smile:

Anybody tried Bespeco VM-12 with their Morningstar controllers? It’s TRS 100k.

Roland EV-5 works fine. Added to the list :slight_smile:

1 Like

My Mission Engineering EP1-KP-GN works fine.

I just happened to have it on my Kemper floor controller, I tried and it works as an expression controller. TRS 10k Ohm.

Haven’t bothered trying the TS momentary switch but I guess that should work too.

1 Like

Hiya,

I use one of these and it works like a charm - built like a tank but pedal board friendly in size!

Boss EV-30

1 Like

I use the Moog pedals which work well, but I tried the Yamaha expression pedals and they were terrible, fwiw.

2 Likes

Yamaha sustain pedal FC4A does not work with M6 either.

I should have read your comment 3 days ago. I would have taken your word and not bought this.

Has anyone tried a M-Audio EX-P Expression Pedal?

If so, does it work?

Yes, works for me with my MC-6. I have three of them (not all attached to morningstar, of course)

1 Like