Engage Preset w/ Custom Bank Sequence

Hi, took a quick look to see if this has been posted or not, but didn’t see anything.

Now this may or not be broken, but in its current state the operation is confusing. If I rearrange a whole bunch of banks, I’m assuming that the new order replaces the old banks and their bank number. Currently, when I use Engage Preset it references the original bank sequence and not the new custom bank sequence.

Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 2.03.53 PM

So, this is confusing. I get what you are trying to do here, but wouldn’t it make sense for the user to only see the custom bank sequence? We shouldn’t have to see the original bank sequence, because it shouldn’t affect us now.

It seems like Bank Jump references the correct Bank, but Engage Preset is going by the old bank sequence.

Thanks for the feedback.

I agree this feature needs more work. We tried to provide as much info in the editor to the user but I guess it might cause some confusion.

For Bank Jump, yes if custom banks is turned on, it will follow the custom bank sequence.
For Engage Preset, the bank setting still follows the default sequence. Will fix that in the next update.

For now, I’m just going to forgo using custom bank sequences. I know you guys have lots on your plate, and always appreciate the time you take to engage with your users. Thank you!

1 Like