Could we have a better Blink feature management

We already have a SetToggle, having a SetBlink would be perfect.
Actually MCxx Preset display only blinks on position 2, nice feature but being able to set the Blink status independently of position could be a winner.
Just to allow more than 2 positions :frowning:
Status 1 : display Preset Name
Status 2 : Display Toggle Preset Name
Status 3 : display Preset Name and Blink
Status 4 : Display Toggle Preset Name and Blink
??

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. I don’t have an answer for this yet.

Do you mean that each message should have 4 toggle positions, or does the user just have the option to choose what they want to show in the 2nd toggle position (status 1-4)?

Hi @james ,
I was just trying to optimize management of one CC counter for bank and its related PC counter for preset in the bank.
And in this try I was in need to display the dis-engaged short label and have it blinking, which is actually impossible, only the engaged short display can blink.

In fact having 4 toggle positions could resolve a problem I have when using MC8 with my loopers. I need to activate different stuff depending of the state Record/Play/Overdub of my track. All of these states are triggered by one preset. Thats why I requested conditional Msg in other thred.

I see this as a functional necessity because blinking status is the easiest way to tell your current selection and you shouldn’t be forced to set toggle to position 2 imo.

Agree with you Miasmatt. To have the blink feature enabled regardless of toggle position. Best way to see which preset is engaged.

Hi James, It would be nice to have the blink feature enabled regardless of toggle position. Best way to see which preset is engaged. In my preset, I have 2 toggle positions for different instruments and it would be nice to have the blink feature enabled regardless of the toggle position. In position 2 have the toggle name displayed. Thank you Morningstarfx for all the great work. Cheers !

Multiple (global) toggles would be great actually. We almost have a second with the Shift option that visually shows when it is set or not. Then you could set a different toggle state for press, double press, long press for example and visually show which was selected at any one time. It should also be possible to remotely call a preset form another bank and have both buttons visually show what is set (which works for blink on global preset but not for Shift . . .