Controlling MOOD's bypass status?

I’m having trouble imagining how to use my MC8 to control the bypass status of MOOD. The problem is the lack of states on MC8 combined with this weird MIDI implementation on MOOD. Here’s how you turn on the left and right channels on and off (embedded picture instead of text because of the symbols):

So the problem is that assigning foot switches to turn the left/right channels on/off doesn’t work, as the footswitch doesn’t know the current state of the other channel. Any ideas on how to make this work? I also have a Midihub for processing MIDI messages but I haven’t come up with a solution using it either.

Bumping as I’m having similar difficulties (though I’m still exploring whether it might be due to my chain of MC6 > Morningstar MIDI Box > TRS 1/8 to 1/4 > TRS right angle adapter).

Anyone have some example configurations they can share?

I don’t have a MOOD, but from the post above I’d do something like:

Release - 103.0 - Pos 1
Release - 103.127 - Pos 2
Release - Toggle Preset

Then, I’d use alternative actions for the others, maybe something like:

Long Press - 103.85
Double Tap Release - 103.45

Maybe include Engage Set Toggle messages for the last two, so that the next Release will bypass.

While I’m typing this I can start to imagine other ways as well, so maybe just use this as a jumping off point. It really all depends on how you use it during performance.

2 Likes