Controlling Bank Selection Upon Incoming Program Change Message

Is it possible to make the MC6 MKII change to a specific bank when it receives an incoming program change message? I have a Boss RC-600 I use for patch / program changes and midi clock. It has 99 “Memory” slots numbered 1-99. I generally use a different memory for each song. When you move from one memory to another it sends out a corresponding program change message. So memory 1 sends PC 1, memory 2 sends PC 2 etc.

It would be very useful if I could choose which bank on the MC6 MKII is loaded when the MC6 MKII receives a PC message. For example, program the MC6 MKII to load bank 5 when it receives PC number 22.

If this were possible, it would enable much more efficient use of the very limited number of banks available on the MC6 MKII. I could (re)use the same bank on the MC6 MKII for several memory / song patches on the RC-600.

For instance, lets say the first song in the set is in memory 1 of the RC600 I need the Strymon BigSky to go to patch 10 and the Strymon Timeline to go to patch 20 and I need to be able to turn those pedals on and off. So, I program bank 1 of the MC6 MKII to select those patches and turn those pedals on and off.

Then the next song in the set is on memory 2 of the RC600 and it sends out program change 2. Now the MC6 MKII switches to bank 2. But for song two I still only need the Strymon BigSky to go to patch 10 and the Strymon Timeline to go to patch 20 and I need to be able to turn those pedals on and off. Sure, it’s easy just to copy / paste the settings from Bank 1 of the MC6 MKII to Bank 2. But now I have used two banks for exactly the same settings.

It’s inefficient to the point of being unworkable to use two banks with exactly the same settings, especially when you only have use of 30 banks. Typically in a 4 hour gig with a cover band, you need to have at least 60 + songs. With only 30 banks I need a more efficient way to control the bank selection of the MC6 MKII. Adding a feature where the MC6 MKII can load any bank upon receiving any program change message will greatly enhance its usability.

Thank you for your time and attention.