Change bank up/down combo on MC6

Can the combination of A+B, B+C be changed so they don’t change banks? (MC6)
I’d like to assign those functions to two foot switches I don’t use like D and E. Too many times I press a bank change combo by accident in the middle of a song.

Yes… go into Controller Settings and change the Dual Switch Lock https://morningstarengineering.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/MMS/pages/931299334/Editor+v1.2.4+Manual#General-Configuration to Enabled.

Then you can use an action on a preset to invoke either Bank Jump, Bank Up, Bank Down or Bank Change Mode. The latter is probably worth trying to start with!

2 Likes

I’m wondering what happens with dual switch lock turned on, if you wind up on a blank bank? How would you get back to a programmed bank? I’m using bank 2 98% of the time now, with Bank 1 rarely. The rest are blank.

For now I left dual switch lock off and set midi channel button sensitivity to 5

You could easily go in and add a Jump to Bank 2 (or whatever you make “Home”) preset on each empty bank just in case. Tip: A triple click will Paste to all banks.

1 Like

Good idea. And actually I think 5 makes the footswitches more sensitive, not less. Probably set that back to 3.

3 works best for me.

I use Long Press to take me to bank 1 (home) and a Double Tap to take me to “next set of banks” (I arrange my banks like Core, Songs, Chorus/Octave/Filter/Drives, Synths). I’ve added an external switch to let me bank change and toggle page. That’s well worth looking into in my opinion….