When you enabled a message via “Select Exp Message”, the next time you move the expression pedal, the midi value will “jump” to whatever position the pedal was in.
Is it possible to not send any CC’s on that enabled message until the pedal was move past that position? For example
- The volume CC is as 20%.
- The volume CC message is deactivated via Select Exp Message.
- The pedal is used to control some other CC and it’s now at 100%.
- The volume CC message is activated via Select Exp Message.
- If you tap the expression pedal the volume does not jump to 100%. (Ideally the display can display some indicator that you are above the old value, perhaps with a + symbol).
- Moving the expression to or below 20% will start sending CC’s at that point (as it normally does).