Bug: MIDI Clock message type

I found an issue with the MIDI Clock message type, one specific configuration does not save properly:
To reproduce, working with the web editor:

• Create a MIDI Clock message within a preset (Action Press, Type MIDI Clock)
  • Set the parameters: Show Tap Menu: No, Stop MIDI Clock: No, BPM: 0, BPM Decimal: +0
  • Make sure the preset is saved
  • Note the web editor still displays the correct parameters
  • Disconnect and reconnect the web editor (I unplug the cabie, any restart should work)
  • Go back to the MIDI Clock message
  • The Stop MIDI Clock parameter has changed to Yes

I don’t think there is a way to store Stop MIDI Clock No.

Thanks

John

Thanks for reporting this. I’m not able to test this now as I’m travelling but can you confirm with me the editor version you are using (can be found at the bottom of the editor) as well as your MC6 PRO firmware version?

I don’t think this is an issue in the latest firmware if not we’ll get a lot of feedback about this bug. Once I get your firmware version, I’ll ask Brandon to test this.

Hi James,

Editor version 1.3.8.240427627

From what I can tell (take with a grain of salt), this is most likely a bug with the firmware/controller software: I am trying to understand the way MIDI Clock messages are stored in the backup file, and it doesn’t seem like that one configuration has a format. Again, just my observation.

Thanks for checking!

John

Hi @james , any info on this? Thanks – j

Sorry for missing this!

Ok this behavoir is related to the BPM being set to 0. If it is set to 0, then that is the same as Stop MIDI Clock being set to Yes.

Is there a scenario where you need to have the BPM set to 0?

Ah, makes sense! Thank you very much.

John