[Beta 3.9.0] Some Minor Issues

Hi @james

• On web editor the Edit Preset screen doesn’t display the corresponding Midi Dictionary Description. To correct this I have to go to Open Midi Dictionary and select the corresponding message, but that doesn’t affect other similar messages in preset.
  • Also on web editor some dropdown menus only show the currectly selected line. I must scroll down/up to see other lines.
    Here you have some pictures and thanks for the good job.

1 Like

I confirm this behaviour. However, in my case the main dictionary doesn’t display the information either (just a small blank square)

Cheers!
Update: Issue is on Windows. Mac OS High Sierra is Ok.

Thanks for that! I saw the missing values in Windows as well (works fine on MacOS though). Will look into it.

The description field below the message is actually a user input field and not connected to the MIDI Dictionary. When you copy and paste a CC message from the MIDI dictionary, the CC description does get pasted there as well, but it is not directly linked to the dictionary.

We used to have that feature where when you change the CC number or channel, it’ll lookup the MIDI dictionary and display the function name below the CC number field - but we had to remove it as it was consuming too much resources so some users were facing some issues with the editor due to this. We’ll need to optimise this feature first before adding it back.

2 Likes

@james - sorry, I’m not clear… what’s the expected description behaviour re: User Library populating description field for MC MkII v3.9.0 dated 2021-07-22 and staging editor v1.1.6 Beta now please?

I have these entries in my User Library:

However, I don’t see the values pulled through into the Preset, e.g.:

Is that intentional or is that a bug? New beta feature in staging editor from April 2nd seems to indicate entries in User Lib should pull through. And I recall posting about this previously (i.e. User Lib not pulling through to description field) but I can’t for the life of me find the post now!

Thanks!

Yes, that is the feature that we had to remove for the time-being to optimise. In my earlier post:

We used to have that feature where when you change the CC number or channel, it’ll lookup the MIDI dictionary and display the function name below the CC number field - but we had to remove it as it was consuming too much resources so some users were facing some issues with the editor due to this. We’ll need to optimise this feature first before adding it back.

Cool thanks - I figured it was due to that… Only having one MIDI pedal and every preset having the same bypass cmd means I know 'em off by heart anyway in reality!

We should be able to link back the User Library though. I think the performance issue is with the MIDI Dictionary. Will look into it tomorrow.

2 Likes

Another very minor GUI error. 1.1.6 Beta Windows: