[Beta 3.9.0 10-26] MC8 Midi Messages don't send while editing

Before the 3.9.0 10-15 and 10-26 update I was able to send midi messages (with the exception of midi clock) while using the online editor. With these latest firmware updates, no midi messages are sent while my device is connected to the online editor.

There wasn’t any changes related to that functionality, but i’ll double check again. just to confirm, the issue is that no midi messages are sent out when the device is in editor mode?

Yes that is correct, no midi messages are sent out when the device is in editor mode.

Thanks for the feedback. I just tested sending a PC/CC message and it seems to work fine while connected to the editor. If you revert back to the earlier 10-15 firmware, it works fine?

Sorry for the delay in my response. Haven’t tried reverting but it looks like it is the Delay Message type that is not being sent when connected to the editor. I’m using those to get the timing right on some of my pedals.

no worries. I just checked the code - the delay message type will be engaged regardless of whether the device is connected to the editor or not. Are you using firmware v3.9.2 now?

Yep, I’m on 3.9.2.

After further investigation, I’m starting to think it’s related to delay messages but actually Engage Preset. None of my preset messages that use Engage Preset work in editor mode.

Thanks for the info.

Yes, engage preset does not send when in editor mode.

You can choose to turn off that option - more info here: https://morningstarengineering.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/MMS/pages/211910676/Bank+Up+Down+Toggle+Page+Functions+Not+Working

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I see there is a tradeoff to having this setting off but I think that will be fine so that my workflow is not slowed down.